Friday, May 4, 2007

please don't be bored by this...

ok..i've not been posting so here i am ;)
serve china 2007 has come to and end. or shall I correct that end and replace it with a start? yes, the trip has ended, yet it is another fresh start for me, and i believe, for all fellow serve china-ians (=


This journey of 14 days has been a meaningful and heartening one. I, or rather, we, benefited a great deal from this trip. This fruitful experience is something that cannot be bought with money. I used to do community service for the sake of doing it, but now, I know I am doing it whole-heartedly. I learnt so much from the children in Bo Ai; they are always so peservering in whatever they do, be it learning how to walk or doing simple things like reading a book; they are easily satisfied as long as they have fun. Now, I tell myself to look at the challenges not as obstacles to prevent me from moving forward, but stepping stones to bring me to a new height each time. I cannot emphasise more on how fortunate we are. I still remember how I always grumble about not being able to get things done according to what I want. Reflecting upon this, I felt shameful of myself. At home I have a caring and supportive family; in school, I have wonderful friends. What can I possibly ask for more? This is so commonplace amongst man.

I am happy I made a bunch of friendly friends from this trip. We must have somehow been fated to embark on this trip together. There may be minor internal conflicts, but I guess it’s this special fate that dissolves our problems and make us a stronger team. It’s crucial of a team to work together to solve problems face-to-face; bottling it up only makes things worst. The dance practices, gardening etc showed me the significance of working as a team; one pair of hands is never enough. For everything that we do, there are two sides of a coin. We may have been fortunate enough to experience mostly, the good side. However, there is the bad side, such as last minute re-plans and also snide remarks from the VP. Once again, it is together as a team that we braced all challenges. Of course, we had fun besides doing community work in china; the cultural exchanges (eg, du su hu uni, sight-seeing, country club etc) and shopping trip are yet other eye-openers.
In a nutshell, without a united team (not forgetting our 2 wise teachers as leaders) and determination to strive on, the trip will never be successful. I want to thank each and everyone of you out there <3333333, including Mrs Koh and Mr Lim, for all the joy that you brought to me from the pre-trip preparations to the bonding camp to the real trip itself. Almost one month has passed since we were back from the place of wonderful memories. Till now, I still miss the times spent at Bo Ai, and all the other non-Bo Ai-related activites (LOL). I wish all the children there to continue to strive on and prove their worth to the society some day...
Last but not least, Serve China 2007 always remains as one, no matter what! (=

No comments: